While Affiliate marketing provides advantages such as steady income, larger coverage, etc, there are certain shortcomings.
Some of them are as follows:
- Fraudulent : A marketer should carefully choose its affiliate partner as there are many fraudulent programs out there.
- No control : If you want to make changes in the pattern or you have some idea, you have to depend on your affiliate partners as you do not have control on the marketing programs.
- No customer base : As the customers are connected to the affiliate partner you do not have a customer base of your own. A repeat purchase will be done from the affiliate partner’s website.
- Affects Brand Image : The affiliate partners may market the product in an undesirable way which can negatively impact the brand image of your product or service.
- Competitive : This marketing channel is quite competitive as there are many affiliates who offer the same kind of services.
- No Revenue Guarantee : Here the traffic does not guarantee you good payment. The traffic must be converted into sales which can help you make some money. And the reasons for lack of conversion could be numerous, even out of your control.